What is Laravel? Laravel is a web application framework with PHP programming language. That is opensource and free to use under MIT License. Laravel web development architectural pattern structured by Model View Controller (MVC) with bundles, Artisan CLI, and migration. The purpose is making development can be a creative and enjoyable experience. This framework is created by Taylor Otwell and first release in June 2011.
Laravel is created by making the alternative of CodeIgniter framework and to provide a feature which CodeIgniter did not have like built-in User authentication and authorization support. This framework can be implemented in another language like Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, and ASP .NET MVC.
Laravel has a build in Command Line Interface (CLI) called Artisan. That is Firstly announcement in Laravel 3 release on February 22, 2012. Artisan features are mapped with a different command for each feature to provide managing function and building a laravel based application. Artisan can also make new capability and functionality with expanding the command by implementing a new custom command. The purpose of Artisan is to make the way of code is easier and faster.
Feature of Laravel Package
The Laravel framework has a build in of bundles that ready to use through package and composer.
- Remote server using SecureShell (SSH) – Laravel 4.1
- Cashier to managing subscripted billing service with interface called Stripe generate invoice and coupon – Laravel 4.2
- File system abstraction of layer that allows cloud-based storage and local file system service with Rackspace clouds and Amazon S3 – Laravel 5.0
- Artisan programmatic schedule with periodic of executing task – Laravel 5.0
- Optionally package that allows simplified authentication mechanism with different auth provider – Laravel 5.0
Main Feature of Laravel
- Built-in user authentication
- Routing file management
- Event and command bus
- Schema builder
- Database migrations to provide version control database schema
- Database seeding to populate database table
- Template engine
- Configuration management
- E-mailing management
- Query builder set class of method capable for building query programmatically
- Eloquent ORM (Object Relational Mapper) to simplified database management